Catalogue Number: SCT124
Description: GelGreen Nucleic Acid Stain 10000X DMSO
- GelGreen is a sensitive, stable and environmentally safe green fluorescent nucleic acid stain specifically designed for gel staining. GelGreen has a UV absorption between 250 nm and 300 nm and a strong absorption peak centred around 500 nm. Therefore, GelGreen is compatible with a 254nm UV transilluminator or a gel reader equipped with visible light excitation (such as a 488nm laser-based gel scanner or a dark reader). GelGreen is much more sensitive than SYBR Safe. Unlike SYBR dyes, which are known to be unstable, GelGreen is very stable, both hydrolytically and thermally.
- The dye is not cytotoxic or mutagenic at concentrations well above the working concentrations used in gel staining. GelGreen successfully passed environmental safety tests in accordance with CCR Title 22 Hazardous Waste Characterization, according to which GelGreen® is not classified as hazardous waste.
- Absorbance: Standard transilluminator (254 nm) such as Dark Reader
- Emission: Long path green filter such as an SYBR filter or a GelStar filter.
Fluorescent DNA gel staining
- Detection method: Fluorescence
- Presentation: Liquid
GelGreen is a fluorescent nucleic acid stain designed to replace highly toxic ethidium bromide (EtBr) for staining dsDNA, ssDNA or RNA in agarose gels or polyacrylamide gels.
2. Key Applications: PCR
3. Application Notes: Nucleic Acid Detection
Product use statements
- Declaration of use
Unless otherwise stated in our catalogue or other company documentation accompanying the product (s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial uses. unauthorized, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.
Storage and shipping information
GelGreen is a very stable strain. Store GelGreen at room temperature, protected from light. Dye precipitation can occur at lower temperatures, resulting in a lower signal or the appearance of a precipitate on the gel surface. If this occurs, heat the solution at 45-50 ° C for two minutes and vortex. Protect yourself from light.
Material size: 0.5 mL